Here at Covet, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is KEY. Not just because we represent some of the healthiest brands one the planet, but also because in order to be PR bosses, we need to take time to care for our minds and our bodies to ensure we are firing on all cylinders at any given time.
That’s why we we’re so inspired when we came across this article on PopSugar outlining 5 Things You Should Do Every Morning If You Want to Be Healthy. It is so important to constantly check in with yourself and make sure you are doing everything in your power to improve your overall health, life is too short to trash our bodies and not treat them like the temples that they are. Lucky for us, some of these tips and tricks are things we are already doing on the reg. But some of these are actions we are excited to put into motion and think you should too!
1. Oil Pull – This can be a daunting task for some, but what great dental hygiene practice isn’t? Oil pulling – which gained popularity a couple of years ago – can do wonders for your grill. From filling cavities, to relieving toothaches and whitening teeth, to alleviating cold symptoms and jaw pain associated with nighttime grinding, this is a wonderful morning practice to help you look and feel your best. We like Kopari‘s Coconut Melt for our morning pulls.
2. Stretch – Waking up to the thought of how crazy your day is going to be can be a buzzkill. That’s why we take time every morning to stretch, meditate and pump ourselves up (if you are really shooting for the moon, you can use this time to oil pull too). Take a couple minutes to set an intention or a grounding thought to come back to throughout your day. Not only does it help you keep a sound mind among the endless calls, meetings, tasks and reports, but it also will help bend your body before you get in that desk chair for the whole day.
3. Drink Lemon Water – This has been one of the best tips we have ever gotten. When we first heard about this ages ago, we suspected it was a diet fad that was as effective as the Master Cleanse. But you have to try it out to see the results, and there are lots! No more morning tummy aches, or cranky hunger induced mood swings if you skip breakfast. Brighter skin and mood, instant hydration and metabolism. What more could you ask for to get your day started off right?
4. Taking Vitamins – There are SO many amazing natural supplements out there you can work into your daily routine to improve health all-around. There is a vitamin for everything… B12 for energy; vitamin E for skin, hair and nails; vitamin K for good circulation; vitamin C for an immune boost. An easy way to get an array of vitamins quickly is with a multivitamin each morning, or adding a vitamin-rich plant-based protein supplement to your morning smoothie. We like Beaming’s Superfood Protein Blend.
5. Hydrate – And we aren’t just talking about drinking more water – although that is a great start! Staying hydrated is the key to everything. Dehydration is one of the leading causes of wrinkles, and as we age, it becomes increasingly more difficult for our bodies to retain water. And when we fail to properly hydrate, our bodies must prioritize its use of water. Compared to your vital organs, your dermis – the largest organ in the human body – takes a backseat. Beyond drinking half of your weight in ounces in water, moisturizing your skin directly with rich hydrating creams is another way to get a direct supply of hydration into your pores. We love SkinClinical’s Extreme Healing line, which is super luxe on the skin and also utilizes their patented SBD-4 anti-aging ingredient technology.